Happy New Year 2015
I’d like to wish a Happy New Year to all of my fellow bottle collectors and their families. I hope that everyone had a great holiday season and received what they wanted from Santa, or somebody, along with some great bottles and collectible goodies. I wanted to start off by telling you about my newest bottle book that was recently published in December 2014, the “Picker’s Pocket-Guide-Bottles,1st Edition”, by Krause Publications/Antique Trader. Previously, a “Bottles- Field Guide” was issued after whatever the current larger edition was published. While this new Picker’s Pocket-Guide is similar, there have been some noticeable positive changes. While still providing all collectors with the absolute best complete and comprehensive Pocket Guide for all Bottle Pickers and Collectors, this guide now helps the collectors with full color photos of each line item and an emphasis on where to find bottles.
- 206 Pages of Comprehensive Pricing and Reference Material
- 300 Stunning Color Photos with detailed Pricing
- Comprehensive Pricing on 17 Key Chapters including the most popular bottles such as “Black Glass”, “Bitters”, “Flasks”, “Hawaiian Bottles”, “Medicine”, “Whiskey”, “Poison”, and more.
- Detailed pricing of each item being accompanied by a color photos instead of only line item pricing and a few photos.
- Comprehensive Reference Guide with chapters on ” Bottles and Research Sources”, “Digging for Bottles”, “Bottle History & Origin”, “Bottle Identification”, “Trademark Identification”, “Glossary of Terms”, and more
- The Hot Spots for picking bottles from Flea Markets to Thrift Stores
- Where and How to Dig for Bottles
- How to Price and Evaluate Bottles
I’ve included a photo of the new guide along with a flyer (Click on the Flyer to enlarge) with cost and shipping information for anyone interested in purchasing the guide. If there is anything that I’ve learned over 40 years of collecting, a collector can never get enough reference material.
For some general information, I’ll be attending the following bottle shows during the year so I hope to see as many of my fellow collectors and friends as possible along the bottle trail.
• Las Vegas Bottle & Collectors Club Show on February 14th -15th
• Phoenix Antiques Bottles & Collectible Club Show on February 27th -28th
• San Diego Antique Bottle & Collectible Club Show on June 13th
• Reno Antique Bottle Club Show on June 26th -27th
• Los Angeles Historical Bottle Club Show on September 19th